Project duration : 3 months
- My friend, the client, and I formed a team to work on the project.
- I carefully listened to the client’s requests for creating a design.
- I created personas of potential guests staying at the client’s ryokan (Japanese inn) based on age and gender and researched designs they might prefer.
- I researched and analyzed the websites of competing ryokans and hotels.
- I considered writing what would convey the client’s thoughts and feelings.
- I took some of the photos used on the website and edited them in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- I designed and implemented the website in Wix.
- I created a responsive design in Wix for both PC and smartphone displays.
- The client wanted to implement “Neppan”, which centrally manages inventory and reservation information for multiple hotel reservation sites. Instead of Wix’s reservation system, I implemented R-with, a reservation system provided by Rakuten.
Since the client was a friend of mine, we worked together as a team to produce this project. I created writing and design while dealing with the client’s opinions and requests. Each time, I have received feedback from the client and made modifications. I analyzed various hotel websites and created designs and writing that fit the client’s ryokan image brand. In fact, I think I spent more time researching and developing ideas than I did working with my hands. Although this was my first time designing and implementing in Wix, I experienced and learned much from this project.
Please click on the link below to view the website.